We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Zealand Campervan hire

Cornwall
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
New Zealand Campervan hire

Hi,

Looking to hire a campervan and have found a company called Pure, http://www.puremotorhomesnz.co.nz/index.php but very little information about them.

Hoping for some feedback from people who have used them.

Thanks

Best Seller
Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set...
353 reviews
from US$251.10*
Best Seller
Hobbiton, Rotorua and Waitomo Caves...
124 reviews
from US$301.80*
Best Seller
Full-Day Milford Sound and Fiordland...
281 reviews
from US$163.90*
Best Seller
Food and Wine-Tasting Tour of Waiheke...
184 reviews
from US$111.80*
117 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
8,818 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

New Zealand Frontiers is rated #1 on Rankers. We hired from them and the rental was flawless. So one of those glowing reviews is from me. No one paid me. (They only rent out of Auckland)

I'd say that if a company had poor reviews, and they blame the review site - steer clear of them.

Shute Harbour...
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

Thanks for posting this! They are at least $1,000 cheaper than what we were being quoted - so very happy :)

I'll post again after our holiday with a review of van/service.

Vienna
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

Me too. Only found a company called Keymart. Seemed to be a very good store. Cheap clothes and utilities for campers. No Wallmwart though.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,201 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

Is " wild camping" parking next to Ozcflyer? lol

I guess we all speak a slightly different version of English. We call it " freedom camping". We had some difficulty recently with US border staff. We had some freeze dried food which we described as Tramping food. Once we changed. It to "Hiking" food we were on our way.

Rochester, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to NZ in December with my wife that involves hiring a camper van. We only want it for about 1 week, but have noticed that most companies have a 10-14day minimum rental period during Dec. Does anyone know of a company that doesn't have a minimum day rental?

Lincoln, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
46. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

Hi

Can you tell me if you need to Book motels, hotels, B&Bs. That would be the thing which would encourage to go with a car, if you can just turn up rather than having to be ruled by a fixed schedule. We will be touring NZ in January

Thanks

Marcus

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,534 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

Welcome to the forum Marcus :)

if you are travelling on a tight budget you should pre-book all accommodation as you will find the cheapest options fully booked every place you go.

However if flexible on price you should be fine by not booking - with the exceptions of Christchurch, Punakaiki, Arthur's Pass, Fox and Franz which all have limited options. Best book early to ensure a bed.

Best of luck :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

We have just return from the South Island , after renting a Maui Platinum Beach for 16 days. We were disappointed to find that there were 2 diffent layouts to this model, and the one we were given had a rediculously large fixed bed which took up half the van. It was supposed to be for 4 people, but at night the curtains cut off 2 of the seats, leaving only one small bench to sit on. This is the 4 th time we have rented a van, and the first from Maui. The Electrical cord and the water hose were far too short, there was no toaster and no electric kettle, the heater had no heat and was sparking dangerously, so we had to buy both a toaster and a heater. We took out the premium package, so it was far from cheap. Thanks Maui we'll give you a miss in future.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

who have you liked better? we're renting a camper for the first time and in new zealand for the first time.

50. Re: New Zealand Campervan hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 09:05
Edited: 07 December 2013, 09:05

Reply to: New Zealand Campervan hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted