We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Car Rentals - Good Experience

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Apex Car Rentals - Good Experience

We would personally recommend Apex Car Rentals. We hired using the internet fromt the 2nd Feb until the 1st March. We chose a Ford Focus hatchback which by checking on the video I could see was adequate for our two large cases. It stated that the car was 4 to 5 years old and when we picked it up at Christchurch airport that is exactly what it was but still had only 45000 on the clock. The Supervisor who dealt with us, was extremely thorough and helpful. Ten days into our trip travelling on the main highway out of Dunedin a stone came off the back of a lorry and straight into the windscreen, which although not shattered was a very nasty chip. I phoned to advise Apex of the incident and was advised to take it to the Queenstown office when we were there two days later. Much as expected we were told that the windscreen would need to be replaced but they were able to give us another Focus from the Queenstown airport 6km away - it was in a very poor state paintwise but had only 35000km on the clock (of course it might have been around the clock), but we had no problems with it at all. I was charged for the cost of the windscreen £170 because we had our own insurance to cover any excess on rental cars. We delivered the 2nd car back to Auckland airport and I asked that it be checked properly as it was in such a poor state and I did not want any surprises when I got home. It was checked and signed off and we were shuttled to the airport. I would definitely use them again.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apex Car Rentals - Good Experience

I would have expected nothing less. This is the minimum we should expect of rental car companies. You helped your own cause by getting the vehicle checked off at the depot at the end of the hire. Its a pity more travellers didnt do this as well.

It appears you had a great holiday

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apex Car Rentals - Good Experience

Nice to read a positive experience which is how it should be. Pity about the windscreen as it takes extra time out of your holiday. were you travelling through road works when the stone came to you from the truck?

3. Re: Apex Car Rentals - Good Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 17:15