We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
currency

Can anyone tell me the current rate of exchange in New Zealand for the British Pound. Not sure whether to get our money in the UK or wait untill we get to NZ. Many thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency

Hi

For a number of years I have used the following site for quick conversions:

www.oanda.com/currency/converter

but there are many more and your own bank site may well have a converter on it somewhere.

It is not advisable to carry large sums of money so from that point of view I would tend to change money here. Depending on where I am going I usually take enough cash for a couple of days. You should also be able to use your bank card in ATMs here.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency

Sorry, forgot to mention - the exchange rate is just over 2 NZ dollars to one British pound at the moment.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: currency

Following the CHCH earthquake the NZ dollar has fallen considerably against other currencies and continues to fall as I write. On Thursday NZ time our resrve bank is likely to cut the official bank rate by around 50 points which will put further pressure on the dollar.

I would keep an eye on one of the Nz retail banks for indicative rates

one such bank is

www.westpac.co.nz

The current exchange rate as at 9.00am Tuesday morning is $NZ = £0.4440

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: currency

Thanks very much for your help

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: currency

Thanks - that's great

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
995 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: currency

You'll get a better rate of exchange in New Zealand than in the UK.

7. Re: currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 00:16