My family of 5 (2 early 60s, 2 mid 30s & 1 3 yrs old) will be arriving in Auckland on 08Aug, 10am and leaving from Christchurch on 23Aug, 6.35am.
It's our 1st time in New Zealand and 1st winter experience. We also do not have driving experience in winter.
We plan to drive during the 16 days and check-in to any motel/hotel as we travel down. Is Aug consider peak period? Is it easy to find accommodation especially motel with heater? Will we get to see snow during that period?
Please also help us with the 16 days itinerary.
A few places we intend to go:-
- Auckland Zoo
- glow worm cave (seriously considering. Any to recommend?)
- farm stay (must try. Any to recommend?)
- helicopter ride (must try. Any operator to recommend?)
- Whale watching
- hotair balloon (must try. Any operator to recommend?)
- wine vineyard (must go. Any to recommend?)
- any other recommendations?