We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsites during the RWC

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Campsites during the RWC

Would it be a good idea to pre book into campsites during the Rugby World Cup? I can imagine they might be a bit busier than normal!!!

Thanks

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsites during the RWC

Yes definitely

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsites during the RWC

Hi

I would definitely recommend booking during the RWC. You may wish to look at the match schedule, which given your TA name you will no doubt have done already, as there will be more pressure on camp sites within reach of match venues. Other locations away from the venues may not be quite so busy but to be on the safe side I would definitely book.

PS

I have a good friend in Leicester - a fanatical Tigers fan.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsites during the RWC

Yes I have looked at the schedule and I dont think any of the places I plan on going and staying clash with big rugby fixtures

I thought that would be the case with booking ahead

Im not planning on going to any of Englands matches although I do love rugby - Im using it more of an excuse to visit New Zealand!!!

If your friend goes to watch Leicester play who knows, I have probably met them!!!

lin
England
Level Contributor
442 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campsites during the RWC

Hope that you have a good trip...we are doing something similar...touring NZ but not planning to go to any games........we are hoping that there will be a good atmosphere and maybe even 'large' screen venues in parks etc. A good 'craic' as my husband would say.....guess which team he follows......although to be honest we all love the game, but seeing NZ is our main priority!!!

Who knows we may see you on a campsite somewhere!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campsites during the RWC

I was going to study geology/geography at university (until i changed my mind and chose a completely different career path instead!) so i cant wait to see NZ! my sister also changed her degree completely after visiting the country!

Im so excited! its also my birthday whilst im there!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,769 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campsites during the RWC

You can't book DOC campsites at any time, but they are well away from the games anyway.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Campsites during the RWC

I'm going in September but our itinerary shouldn't clash with any of the games, do you still think we need to book in advance?

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,364 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Campsites during the RWC

The entire country will be busy, with those following the RWC and those hoping to avoid it.

So book everything now :)

9. Re: Campsites during the RWC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 01:19