We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On-snow accommodation?

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
On-snow accommodation?

We will be in NZ for all of July. I am looking for some secluded on-snow accommodation, not necessarily in a skiing area. I would like it to be self-contained, and preferably a bit rustic - a basic hut/bach/shearer's cottage type of thing would suit us just fine. Can anyone recommend anything?

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On-snow accommodation?

some of the small ski club fields have accomodation on the ski field, and you can ski right to the doo and in some areas right though till middight.

check out Temple Basin, there is no road to the accomodation, but your packs, bags and ski equipment is taken up the mountain on a goods lift.

Broken River and Crigieburn skifields also have accomodation on the ski fields.

Portes ski field has accomodation but often just below the snow unless there has been a fresh dumping of snow

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On-snow accommodation?

Thanks very much - I will check those out :)

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On-snow accommodation?

Cragieburn looks excellent!

4. Re: On-snow accommodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2013, 10:28