We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Zealand airfare

Santa Fe New Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
New Zealand airfare

Is it possible to fly from Auckland to Albuquerque,through London, spend a week in London, then continue on the same ticket, with no additional cost? (i.e. which airlines fly fron NZ through London?)

Thanks

Ellie

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Zealand airfare

NZ and London are almost exactly on opposite sides of the planet, so while a number of airlines fly NZ to London, none fly NZ to UK to the US without considerable extra cost; while many do fly NZ to US to UK on the one ticket.

Best have a chat with your travel agent.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Zealand airfare

Air NZ fly to NZ from both LA and San Fransisco. However the west coast of the US is mid point between the US and the UK. If you are taking in NZ and London on the same trip you are cicumnavigating the globe. As WL says, talk to ticket agent.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Zealand airfare

I guess the answer is probably yes if you buy a ticket AKL to London and London to say New York and New York to Alburquerque using airlines that are in the Star Alliance . I am sure that some clued up very good travel agent could get you a free weeks stopover in London en route. Air New Zealand the country's national airline flies AKL to London via the USA. There are many other that go the other way via SE Asia.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,127 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Zealand airfare

I'm sure you could buy a RTW ticket that included Alberquerque-LAX-AKL-(HKG or SIN or BKK)-LHR-(somewhere in the US)-Aberquerque.

5. Re: New Zealand airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:15