We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motor home rental

australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Motor home rental

We are a family of 5 planning a trip to NZ next year. I would appreciate some information on renting a motor home/camper for 10 days. Approx cost per day for rental ( 5/6 berth) and site fees. Is there a company which offers more competitive rates. Thanks for your assistance.

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
409 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motor home rental

Did you ever find out what you needed to know? Lots of unanswered queries here about motor homes. We're going in Feb next year for 28 days and just trying to explore our options.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motor home rental

I suspect the OP wasn't answered as we are not travel agents and the costs are easy enough to discover by spending a few minutes reading through rental websites. There are dozens upon dozens of motorhome/campervan threads here on the forums with many many responses.

TTG - I suggest you read through some of the many motorhome threads and you will soon find all your questions answered. And if you have specific questions after that I suggest you post on a new thread as many reading this thread will answer the original questions from one year ago.

happy planning :)

3. Re: Motor home rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 10:35
4. Re: Motor home rental

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

5. Re: Motor home rental

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
409 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motor home rental

Like I said WLnz, lots of unanswered queries and very little usable information. Check my profile, I'm not a newbie and I know how to research. I just can't believe that NZ motor home costs are more expensive than Queensland and NT, which I did a couple of years ago. I must be missing something.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motor home rental

Hi Tony, you can expect no welcome on this forum once you mention motorhome. Just did a quick check, the prices quoted (in NZ) are in NZ$, but even so they do seem expensive compared to Aus. There is little option though. Pay the money or make the DE's happy and hire a car and stay in a motel on the strip

8. Re: Motor home rental

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 12:37
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Motor home rental

Lisjo was offered all the help they needed Oct last year when they made this enquiry

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255104-i125-k5808…

10. Re: Motor home rental

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 18:24