We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air NZ Query

Adelaide
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Air NZ Query

I have booked our international flights through Air NZ. So far they have changed our flight times twice. Is this a common thing with them? Should I expect more changes? It's making me nervous to book other parts of our holiday!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air NZ Query

No, this is not a common thing with Air New Zealand. I can't recall this happening to me in the last few years at all. Are the flights actual Air New Zealand flights, or are they code sharing with some other airline?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air NZ Query

I think Air New ZEaland are going through a slight scheduling change. I was recently notified of an international timing change. It was only 5 mins but a change none the less

Adelaide
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air NZ Query

What does an international timing change mean? I'm just worried that I'm going to have to make more changes. They have been pretty helpful but it's very stressful!!!

Canandaigua
Level Contributor
719 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air NZ Query

Don't worry, they are very customer service oriented. Like Quantas, only in New Zealand.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air NZ Query

I have to say they have been very helpful with rearranging the flights. I can't fault them at all on customer service at this point. It's just annoying having to rearrange flights. Although I think the changes (if they stick this time) will be make our holiday a couple of days longer.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,769 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air NZ Query

I am in my 10th year of flying enough with air NZ to be Airpoint gold. It is rare to have timetable disruptions with them. Those that have ocurred have been due to extreme weather or fog around one of the airports. I have never missed a conection.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air NZ Query

I am guessing that some schedule changes are being made to accomodate international airport requirements. Again I am guessing that with the addition nad/or removal of certain flights airport windows of opportunity change and airlines have to accomodate these to keep their slots. As a matter of interest what were the timing changes and how far out are the flights

Adelaide
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air NZ Query

They seem to have gotten rid of a lot of the direct Christchurch to Sydney flights, I had orginially booked:

2nd June: Sydney - Christchurch

9.50AM - 2.50PM

15th: Christchurch - Sydney

3.40PM - 5.10PM

Then the flight was changed:

1st June: Sydney - Christchurch

6.20PM - 11.20PM

(Meaning I had to organise an additional nights accomodation because it was too late to pick up the camper)

Now the latest change is:

31st May: Sydney - Christchurch

7.20PM - 12.30AM (Midnight)

18th June: Christchurch - Sydney

3.40PM - 5.10PM

I have spent over 3 hours on the phone with Air NZ today. Because of the change in dates (I am a nervous flyer - I have to take medication so need as direct as possible flights) we have had to cancel a really important event in Sydney. I know we know get extra time on our holiday which is great but these changes are very stressful. As we are from Adelaide I tried to explain that I didn't care if we went through Melbourne or Sydney and I had only originally booked via Sydney because of this special event that we now can no longer go to. But they wanted to charge me extra to change the destination (Melb and Sydney not to Adel), which generally I can understand but since the changes aren't my fault... I'm not very happy with the incoming flight times but after talking to multiple staff over 3 hours I just booked anything because I don't care anymore. Also this is our honeymoon! I'm going to explode if I get another schedule change email.

9. Re: Air NZ Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:16