We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christchurch Hotels

Chico, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christchurch Hotels

My husband and I will be in Christchurch in April. We still haven't found a hotel. I know many of them have been damaged due to the earthquake. Has anyone stayed there recently? We would like to be centrally located since we don't plan on renting a car during our short stay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Susan

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christchurch Hotels

most accomodation can be found in riccarton Rd or Papanui Rd, The Ibis is the nearest to the red Zone, the restart mall and the bus exchange. buses run regularily in chch and has one of the best bus services in NZ.

being centraly located is not essential in CHch as centraly located is where most of the earthquak damage has occurred.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
36,405 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christchurch Hotels

Motels are the way to go in Christchurch. They don't have have the communal facilities of a hotel such as lounges and bars but they general offer a high standard of facilities in the romm. The low numbers on Papanui Rd, Merivale or the low numbers on Riccarton Rd indicate close proximity to Hagley Park & the Botanic Gardens. Both areas have good restaurants & shopping and as Coaster said, a good bus service should you decide to walk in to the city "centre" and bus back to your motel.

Chico, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christchurch Hotels

Thank you both for your help. That's exactly what I needed to hear..

Susan

4. Re: Christchurch Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 05:17