We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning the itinary for 9-10 day New Zealand trip

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning the itinary for 9-10 day New Zealand trip

Hello,

I am planning NZ trip from 10 Apr - 21 Apr. Want to focus on adventure + nature specially stuff unique in NZ.. We are just 2 of us : me and my wife.

Couple of frnds have suggested self driving and staying in B & B.

One friend also suggested to stick to one island give the length of trip. What are your suggestions? Discounting travel time from India I would have 9-10 days.

Second thing is what places to focus on: till now following are the ones I am looking at

North

black water rafting at rotrura

Haunted attraction in Auckland

Witomo caves

South

adventure stuff @ queenstown

Swimming with dolphins at kyakoura

kayaking @ able Tasman

Fox glacier

Mildford sound

Lake tekapo

Mt cook

auckland
Level Contributor
417 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning the itinary for 9-10 day New Zealand trip

If you are into nature, and especially with limited time, I definitely would not bother with the "haunted attraction" which I guess must be "Spookers." Really it's a bit of a teenage thing, and a goodish drive out of Auckland.Your itinerary is very spread out- big distances-someone with more ability than me will no doubt comment. It would make sense to go to Milford from Queenstown.Abel Tasman is at the other end of the South Island from everything else you've mentioned.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning the itinary for 9-10 day New Zealand trip

Best to visit one island for such a short stay

1 take a look at the many 10 day itineraries posted on the North Island forum

2 take a look at the many 10 day itineraries posted on the South Island forum

3 see what appeals

4 make a decision

5 post it here for our comments

happy planning :)

3. Re: Need help planning the itinary for 9-10 day New Zealand trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 07:16