We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Today is Poppy Day please be generous

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,102 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Today is Poppy Day please be generous

Today all around the country collectors will be out collecting for welfare services of NZ Veterans. In recognition of your donation you will receive a red poppy. The red poppy is a replica of the red poppies that grew in Flanders during World War 1. Poppy day is held on the Friday preceding ANZAC Day ( April 25th) the day Kiwis and Australians alike commemorate our war dead.

LEST WE FORGET

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,322 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Today is Poppy Day please be generous

I've got my ticket to attend the ANZAC Service at Westminster Abbey on April 25. I still can't believe that the Brit's don't have a public holiday on their Remembrance Day.

2. Re: Today is Poppy Day please be generous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 05:18