We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air New Zealand longhaul economy question

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Air New Zealand longhaul economy question

Hi all, my husband and I are flying to LAX from AKL overnight (9.30pm departure) with Air New Zealand economy. I haven't been able to find anything on their website that tells me what meals I can expect (dinner? breakfast? lunch?). Can anyone help me with this please?

Thank you so much,

Kathryn

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
802 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air New Zealand longhaul economy question

Dinner shortly after departure then lights will go out. About two hours out of LA they will serve breakfast.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air New Zealand longhaul economy question

Thanks for that, that helps us organise our trip.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,322 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air New Zealand longhaul economy question

The food is generally pretty good, although they might serve it closer to 2.5-3 hours out from Auckland to allow them to get everything cleared away before they start descending.

Also, the flight is generally fully booked, so don't get your hopes up at the thought of empty seats. You might get lucky, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Having said all that, Air New Zealand remains my favourite longhaul airline.

4. Re: Air New Zealand longhaul economy question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:18