We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

southwales uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

I'd like to be land AUK 10-13 Dec 13. Is it possible to do UK-Perth approx 1Dec. If not Perth,

what about Adelaide. Can I avoid transfer via Sydney or Brisbane. The idea is to campervan for 10 days before flight direct to AUK. Any suggestions for those 10days very welcome and don't

be afraid to offer something/where entirely different ! my thanks in advance J

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

Looks like you need a travel agent to sort out your flights for you.

I'm not sure from your post... you hope to campervan for 10 days? In NZ or Oz? If NZ, North Island or South?

The more you tell us, the better we can help you :)

southwales uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

Wow WLnz! That's a fast reply. Campervan in Perth or perhaps Adelaide. The NZ part of the trip is more or less sorted ..... my 5th trip and lasting 3months this time. Have done the usual Asian stopovers and heard about the new long distance walk south of Perth. But maybe getting from Perth to Auckland is difficult and expensive? Before I go to a travel agent I like to sound you all out. This strategy has been very useful in the past. I would have missed the Bunya Bunya Tree Nat Park just West of Brisbane without info from

TripAdvisor people! BW J

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

I suggest you ask for suggestions on the relevant Oz forums.

Little point in asking for an Oz campervan itinerary in NZ.

Best of luck :)

southwales uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

Sorry.. yes but the flight that was important was Perth to Auckland and it drifted into Oz somehow. Many thanks though!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

People fly Perth to Auckland all the time. No it isn't difficult and yes, I believe you change planes enroute.

But travel agents aren't lawyers, thay don't charge by the second. So grab hold of a travel agent or look online for flight details and costs. You really are making this far more difficult for yourself than necessary ;)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

Air New Zealand does a direct Perth-Auckland flight. If you travel with another airline (Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar) then there will be a change en route, and bear in mind that it will involve going from the domestic terminal to the international terminal at whichever airport you change at.

southwales uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

WWLnz many thanks.. you're right but old habits of independence die hard. It's also more interesting to hear from those who are interested for reasons other than earning a living. BW J

Selsy, good thinking... the shortest time at the airports is certainly something to aim for. BW J

8. Re: flight itinerary UK-NZ incl Perth Australia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17