We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top of The Lake

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Top of The Lake

We so rarely get tv productions shot in NZ so I am really looking forward to episode 1 of Top of The Lake tonight.I understand it was shot in Queenstown,Glenorchy and Moke Lake.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Top of The Lake

It tI ook me a little while to get into it but I persevered and am now really looking forward to the next instalment. I agree,it is grim and some of the language probably not for sensitive ears!

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Top of The Lake

Very interested to hear your reaction when you get to the end.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,364 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Top of The Lake

The mini-series is nominated for 8 Emmy awards - best of luck to all concerned :)

The nominations

• Outstanding TV miniseries or movie.

• Outstanding lead actress in a miniseries or movie (Elisabeth Moss).

• Outstanding writing for a miniseries or movie (Jane Campion and Gerard Lee).

• Outstanding directing for a miniseries, movie or a dramatic special (Jane Campion and Garth Davis).

• Outstanding supporting actor in a miniseries or movie (Peter Mullan).

• Outstanding casting for a miniseries, movie or a special (Kirsty McGregor, Tina Cleary).

• Outstanding cinematography for a miniseries or movie (Adam Arkapaw, part 1).

• Outstanding single-camera picture editing for a miniseries or a movie (part 5).

odt.co.nz/news/queenstown-lakes/265531/top-l…

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Top of The Lake

The scenery is amazing .... the plot very dark but interesting, very thought provoking. The plot is full of hidden by lines - and you have to watch it all for it to make sense.

Could happen in any small community where the choices are not great - with strong wicked character.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Top of The Lake

Yes,the location scenery is wonderful.Watched part 2 last night and the plot just gets better but it certainly isn't something to watch for the feel good factor.I wish we had more productions like this on tv instead of the usual rubbish.I agree,you cant't take your eyes off for a minute,you have to follow closely.

16. Re: Top of The Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18