We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zenbu wireless internate

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
zenbu wireless internate

I m going for South Island trip for 17days next yr on April.

My question:

1. Does Zenbu offer prepaid?

2. How much? Where to purchase?

3. Duration of services?

4. How is the connectivity along South Island?

My internery will cover

a. Christchurch

b. Mt Cook

c. Twizel

d. Dunedin

e. Te Anau

f. Milford

g. Queenstown

h. Wanaka

i. Franz Josef Glacier

j. Christchurch Tranz Alpine Train Greymouth

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zenbu wireless internate

Most of your questions will be answered by going to their website at http://www.zenbu.net.nz. What you need to be aware of is that most zenbu hotspots are in motels/hotels and cafes, so you have to be in or very near to a particular motel or cafe for it to be usable. There is a complete list of every hotspot on the website.

I've used it twice, it works fine but the second time they had put the price up so it is not a very cheap option - $10 for 100 MB, although some places will give you a voucher or discount the price.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zenbu wireless internate

Thanks for your opinion.

Is there any option which mobile operator can provide on the road internate connection with great connection for short period?

Please help me.

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zenbu wireless internate

"Great connection" and "on the road" are sort of mutually exclusive. but Telecom have hotspots at most of their phone boxes. I'm not exactly sure how you would go about paying for it. but the way it works for me, is that I have a Telecom SIM, and after I log on to the hotspot, they send me a text with a security code; enter that in the browser and I'm connected. The speed is a bit erratic, probably dependent on how many other users are on line. Most of the ones I use are in the vicinity of motor parks, so there could be quite a few users.

McDonalds and Starbucks, and other fast food outlets have free WiFi.

Zenbu is used by many hotels & motels to monitor their in house WiFi. They can either feed the signal into a wired connection, or broadcast it. If they are broadcasting it anyone within range can connect to it, and if they have a code, can use it. There are 2 options. Either use your credit card to buy bandwidth from Zenbu, in which case you can use it at any Zenbu hotspot, or buy a ticket from the hotel/motel/cafe, in which case it is only useable at that location. Any unused bandwidth is available until it is used up. There is no time limit. As Zenbu is is a large network of privately owned hotspots the service and coverage can be patchy, and the hotspot provider has no liability to ensure standard of service or anything else to outside users.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 20:27
4. Re: zenbu wireless internate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:17