We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Should I Go For 15 Days in New Zealand (Auckland)

Beijing
2 posts
Save Topic
Where Should I Go For 15 Days in New Zealand (Auckland)

Hi Guys,

I am wondering where I should go in Auckland with my family (2 adults 2 children) and what to do. I am wondering what good places to visit and special things that you can buy in New Zealand. Any price is ok as long as it is fun. We want to visit natural places like forests, hills and mountains etc. We would also like to eat some delicious New Zealand traditional food and go to fun places for kids and learn about Maori peoples culture. If possible we would like to go to another island around Auckland and enjoy the scene and good weather.

Thank You

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,291 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Should I Go For 15 Days in New Zealand (Auckland)

Welcome to the NZ Forum, Daniel. I assume you mean that you are arriving in AKL and then want to travel around NZ? What time of year are you coming? How will you travel - by car or bus or plane (even train - we don't have many of those!)? You can see forests & Maori culture within a few hours of Auckland (eg Rotorua, Waitakere Ranges) and go to a small island called Waiheke by ferry from AK, but to see mountains you need to travel further - at least as far as Tongariro National Park (home of "Mt Doom" in Lord of the Rings!)

15 days isn't long but if you are happy to fly you could go to Queenstown and see more of the beautiful mountains NZ is famous for.

Beijing
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Should I Go For 15 Days in New Zealand (Auckland)

We are planning to go to AKL in the summer time of AKL. We can make a 25 days if it is fun there. We would like to travel with planes but in AKL we would want to travel on ferry.

3. Re: Where Should I Go For 15 Days in New Zealand (Auckland)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:16