We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

routeburn hut temp

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
routeburn hut temp

hello,Could you tell me the temperature of routeburn hut (Lake Mackenzie Hut and Routeburn Falls Hut) at night on FEB?

Thank you for your reply!!!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: routeburn hut temp

With the cooking and all those bodies, I think you will find the hut interiors hot.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: routeburn hut temp

Thank you for your information!!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: routeburn hut temp

I think this is what you are after:

kiwidiscovery.com/queenstown/…

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,918 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: routeburn hut temp

The bunkrooms are separate from the main living area so can go below freezing. I have never found then "hot". The main living/cooking area will have a fire if the weather is cold. You do need a good quality sleeping bag and thermals for sleeping attire. NZ alpine areas have very changeable weather - next stop Antarctica.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: routeburn hut temp

Stuffy is probably a better word. No matter how cold it is, I like to sleep with fresh air and so find communal hut sleeping too hot and stuffy.

I prefer a cool room, warm sleepingbag.

Best of luck :)

6. Re: routeburn hut temp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:18