We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to New Zealand with stopover in Perth

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to New Zealand with stopover in Perth

We are planning a 4-5 week camper van tour of NZ early next year but would like a 5-7 day stopover in Perth on the way there or back to visit the relies. Which airlines or code shares can do this? Wouldn't mind doing a round the world flight so that we could have a couple of days on a Pacific island as well, but would this be an expensive or difficult option?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,860 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to New Zealand with stopover in Perth

Qantas is probably your best choice. I recently flew MEL to HKG via Perth so I assume you could fly UK to HKG on QF or one of its codeshare partners including Cathay Pacifc (an excellent airline). Then I think there are new direct flights from Perth to NZ, but going via MEL would work also.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,294 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to New Zealand with stopover in Perth

Both Qantas (OneWorld) and Air New Zealand (Star Alliance have direct flights from Perth to Auckland. From the UK to Perth, this would mean choices such as Qantas, Emirates, Malaysian, British Airways or a combination of these (OneWorld), or Singapore, Thai, Lufthansa or a combination of these (Star Alliance). I suggest you talk to a good travel agent who can build a round the world airfare for you.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to New Zealand with stopover in Perth

Thanks guys :-)

4. Re: Flying to New Zealand with stopover in Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:18