We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Hobbiton Movieset

Malaysia
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for Hobbiton Movieset

I have searched the Hobbiton Movieset tours and there were sites to show where I can book the tickets but they are online bookings. I want to know if I can purchase the tickets upon arriving at The Shire's Rest in Hinuera, Matamata or do I need to make bookings in advance?

Mentioned in this post
Hobbiton Movie Set Tours
Hobbiton Movie Set Tours
6,961 Reviews
Hinuera, New Zealand
Matamata
Matamata
Waikato Region, New Zealand
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Hobbiton Movieset

You can buytickets at the info centre in matamata, no worries.

You can then catch the free bus from matamata or drive down to the shires rest yourself

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,533 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Hobbiton Movieset

My only worry would be, what happens if you arrive and discover that the next few tours are all block booked by tour coaches? Will you be able to wait around until the next open slot?

It may not happen, but the possibility is there.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Hobbiton Movieset

Hmmmn...thanks for this little reminded...yes, it might just happen. In that case I will book in advance.

Auckland, Auckland...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Hobbiton Movieset

As noted above, you can book tickets at the Matamata info centre or at the Shire's Rest. The Shire's Rest has a pretty good cafe there and nice seating out on the deck in front. The service is a bit slow, but the food was pretty good. There also is the gift shop there, so you can pass an hour or two fairly easily. Great tour, BTW. I thought it would be cheesy, but it was very good, especially if you have a dwell-experienced guide. Well worth the price if you are a LOTR fan

Mentioned in this post
Matamata
Matamata
Waikato Region, New Zealand
5. Re: Tickets for Hobbiton Movieset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2015, 05:15