We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinery help 1 week, Auckland + baby

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinery help 1 week, Auckland + baby

I'm coming to Auckland in the autumn for 1 week with my baby (will be 8 months old). We will be staying in Auckland for the whole week but I'm looking for day trip ideas that would be appropriate for me to do with baby in tow either in carrier or stroller. I'd love to do a mini walk/hike somewhere with nice scenery, I'm not after baby related activities as she will be too young to care. Any ideas appreciated.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
66 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinery help 1 week, Auckland + baby

try visiting Ambury Park, or Mt Eden, Omana regional park all for free.... Auckland isn't too bad once you get away from the main centres

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinery help 1 week, Auckland + baby

Rangitoto Island is awesome. You can pay for a tractor to do all the hard work and take you closer to the summit. Great views from the top and the lava fields are very cool. Take the baby in your carrier and be prepared for dust if it hasn't rained recently. You also need to take your own food and water as there's nothing on the island.

Waiheke Island is another option. Waiheke has some lovely cafes, vineyards and beaches.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 06:04
3. Re: Itinery help 1 week, Auckland + baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19