We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

Hi!

Just seeing if anyone has any experience with Walkabout Rentals?

http://www.walkaboutrentals.co.nz/

They look like they have a good product but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of feedback.

Checked Rankers but only has reviews from a number of years ago.

Cheers

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

Hello, your message is timely. We read trip advisor recommendation and booked a 15 day trip, using one of their campers, beginning at the beginning of April.

Here is what has happened once they charged my credit card. They stopped communicating with us, when asking questions. They do not tell the truth, when communicating. We required to move our dates, due to business travel...even after a couple emails... They do not respond..

Having rented campers a couple of times in Europe, this was not the level of service I was expecting.

I'm not sure even if they are still in business. Save your money.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

Hello, I was wondering if you went ahead with your rental through Walkabout rentals? I have been looking at using them in 2015 but have not been able to get much information from them exactly what is covered in their standard insurance policy or their rental agreement.

Would appreciate any feedback on them.

Thanks.

auckland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

Thank you for your comments .

You booked through an agent and asked questions through the agent not directly with us at Walkabout, so you will need to please get your information correct before you make statements like this - How can we reply when we received no information ????

auckland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

We have been in the rental industry for 15 years - our terms and conditions are very easy to understand and can be found here

walkaboutrentals.co.nz/terms_condition.php

Taunton, England...
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

Hi,, I found the first few post strange ?

Daughter and myself used Walkabout last Nov/Dec, and they were 100% in all departments

Prompt collection from Auckland airport ( even with being 2 hours late landing) while the Camper was not the newest model, it was reliable and suited to the rental market, and was perfect for our needs

We put near 7000 km on in during our stay, only one thing that bust/broke on collection, just a exterior locker lock,,

Returned to Christchurch 5 weeks or so later, all good, deposit returned when it was due,, and lift back to the airport,,, All in all, they contributed to making the whole planned trip 100 % hassle free

I look forward to using again,,

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

I rented this Walkabout company several times during the last 10 years.

This story does not come anywhere close to my times with Walkabout.

Always motorhome in a very good state and small things always fixed when asked for.

When email or skype them, they always react within 24 hours.

I recommend this company to everyone when going on holiday to NZ.

Hendrik from Holland

7. Re: Walkabout Rentals Campervan Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2016, 05:16