We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days itinerary from North to South Island.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
10 days itinerary from North to South Island.

Hi All,

My family and i ( 9 adults ,1 three yrs kid) will be traveling to New Zealand from the 10th - 20th April. Here are my plans:

1) 11th April arrive early morning in Auckland and stay in Auckland overnight.

2) 12th April drive from Auckland to Rotoura ( stays 2 nights , any suggestions i should take my family)

3) 14th April fly from Rotoura to Christchurch and drive to Lake Tekapo and stay one night.

4) 15th April morning drive to Queenstown and stay at a rental home till 20th April (plan to drive from Queenstown to other places within this few days.)

5) 16th April drive from Queenstown to Wanaka (join tour and back at night)

6) 17th April may plan to explore Queenstown or drive to Bluff (because heard Bluff have great oysters and my family love it.)

7) 18th April drive to Milford Sound

8) 19th April stay at Queenstown relax

9) 20th April afternoon fly from Queenstown to Auckland and fly back and arrive to Hong Kong on the 21st April.

Because this is our first time to New Zealand and please give me some thoughts or maybe others suggestions? Many Thanks!

Best Regards

Joseph

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days itinerary from North to South Island.

Hi Joseph,

Rotorua has a wealth of family-friendly activities. These include thermal parks, Maori culture, Te Puia, thermal spas and bathing pools, the gondola, luge, trout pools, & Kiwi house, Agrodome, Rotorua Museum, Kuirau park, the Redwood forest, lakes, rivers and streams.

For your Auckland arrival, stay as near as possible to the waterfront-CBD so you can stroll the Viaduct & Wynyard quarter and take in the city sights. Skytower is popular for a city-wide view.

Enjoy your visit.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,235 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days itinerary from North to South Island.

What sort of vehicle(s) are you renting? Do be aware that everybody must have a seatbelt fastened and the 3-yo must have an approved car seat.

What tour are you joining at Wanaka?

I do not recommend you drive to Milford Sound and back in one day. It is a very long day, best left to a professional driver.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days itinerary from North to South Island.

Thanks you so much! Frangipani08!

Regards

Joseph

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days itinerary from North to South Island.

Hi Zhuhai2007,

We booked two 7 seater car for our road trip. The tour i booked for Wanaka is wanakariverjourneys. So i will speak to my family and maybe joining a tour for Milford Sound! Thanks you !

Regards

Joseph

5. Re: 10 days itinerary from North to South Island.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:20