We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Weather

Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
April Weather

Hey guys

I will be in NZ in April and have googled what the weather will be like in NZ in both the North and South Islands. From what I can tell it will be autumn but I've also read you can get 4 seasons in one day. Just hoping to get an indication of what sort of clothing should I mainly pack for my 2 week trip. In addition to the normal everyday clothes I planned on bringing a pair of trainers, a good waterproof jacket. Will this be sufficient or will I need to pack more?

thanks guys

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Weather

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

I would also suggest something warm such as a light weight fleece.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Weather

If possible, pack 2 pairs of sturdy footwear. During April, NZ receives showers which can cause the tracks underfoot to become muddy. Having backup footwear, while the others dry out, is useful if you are keen on hiking, and bush-walks.

Don't rule out shorts and Tshirts though. I've known April in Auckland to be very mild, and at times considerably warm as well. Layered clothing is a good way to approach the changeable weather.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,692 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Weather

Nights will be cool-cold esp in the SI & colder at altitude, so it depends on where you are going & what you plan to do - maybe a scarf, def a warm (wind- & water-proof) jacket.

4. Re: April Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:17