We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best NZ place XMas '14 to NYE '15?

Summit, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best NZ place XMas '14 to NYE '15?

I am planning a two-week trip down to NZ from before Christmas '14 through New Years Day 2015 and would like to know the best place to be. Traveling solo. I'm shying away from Auckland and thinking further south, with day trips either driving or hiking but being from New Jersey, about the only thing I know is we share the word "new" with you guys! Looking for the best Christmas and New Years of my life to date...

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,289 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best NZ place XMas '14 to NYE '15?

The hot-spots on the North Island during this time of year are at the beaches. Have a look at Whangamata, Mt Maunganui, Gisborne for east coast beaches. But also Rotorua where there will be a number of other travellers, and lakefront entertainment provided.

Mentioned in this post
North Island
North Island
New Zealand
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best NZ place XMas '14 to NYE '15?

In the South Island Queenstown is probably the No 1 spot.

After the debacle with Christmas / New Years festivities in the Capital last year the Council are promising something special and have engaged WETA workshops to put something together. WETA are the people behind the Lord of the RIngs and Hobbit special effects.

Summit, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best NZ place XMas '14 to NYE '15?

thanks!!!

4. Re: Where is the best NZ place XMas '14 to NYE '15?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:17