We are a family of four and are very experienced world travellers. Our trips are always taken around mid December til the end of January i.e. up to 6 weeks. Our last trip was in Uganda and Tanzania and included climbing Kilimanjaro, Gorilla and Chimp trekking, snorkelling with whale sharks etc...
We were in Nepal the year before and saw much of the country. We did the Annapurna Sanctuary in winter, rafted and camped.
This year we are very undecided. Have been looking at India, Costa Rica etc. Bingo what about our neighbour New Zealand that we have never been to!
My family consists of my wife and I as well as two girls that will be 16 and 17 at the time of travel. We love some adventurous travel followed by some relaxing somewhere warm and luxurious before going home.
What we would like:
1. We would like to see some of the classic tourist attractions
2. Spend some time trekking, possible rafting and generally being active.
We love walking!
3. Accommodation - we would love a mix- some camping or huts while trekking and some luxury.
4. Try to see some things away from the crowds of tourists.
5. We love also love food.
6. We have a flexible budget but are after a quality trip that provides good value for the money spent.
Any thoughts? This may be the last big trip we do with the kids so I want it to be a memorable one!