We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine & sheep

LaGrange, Georgia
Level Contributor
49 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
wine & sheep

I am going on a cruise to New Zealand & need some help on excursions.I love wine but need to choose whether to visit wineries in Auckland or Hawke's Bay in Napier.Would also like to see a sheep shearing & dog demonstration but need to choose between Auckland,Akaroa,Tauranga(Agrodome) or Wellington. Once I have these decided on,I can proceed to fill in the blanks with other tours.Thanks for any info.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,803 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine & sheep

Hawkes Bay is one of NZ's major wine producing area so I'd do the wine tour there.

I have been to the Agrodome in Rotorua many times & always enjoy the show, but there is so much more to see in a brief visit to Rotorua that I'm inclined towards doing the sheep experience from Akaroa (without knowing exactly what is on offer, but assuming it will be more "authentic", ie an actual farm visit).

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine & sheep

Ditto to Zhuhai's post - wine tasting in Napier (Hawkes Bay) and Akaroa for sheep experience.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine & sheep

This might fit the bill for the sheep experience in Akaroa:

www.akaroa.com/things-do/akaroa-farm-tours

Blenheim, New...
Level Contributor
871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wine & sheep

Napier is a much more prestigious wine region then Auckland. If it was not for the large city nearby I doubt there would be many people attempting to grow grapes there.

5. Re: wine & sheep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16