We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days NZ visit in November 2nd week

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
8 Days NZ visit in November 2nd week

Hi,

I along with my wife and almost 3 year old son are planning a 8 days trip to NZ in November this year. We like natural beauty instead of city life. Can you please suggest weather to visit north island or south island? Any suggested itinerary? Also is it better to hire a small campervan or hire a car and stay in motels or holiday parks?

Any good and cheap places to hire a campervan or car and any recommendations for stay?

Thanks,

Pash

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,608 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Days NZ visit in November 2nd week

All your questions are very subjective - ask 10 people on this forum and you will get 10 different answers.

If your child sleeps well (with noise/light etc) and you don't have a problem with him sleeping in a confined space with hime then try a camper van. Do be aware that normal seatbelt laws apply and he must be belted up while driving - and often separated from you.

Most people would suggest a motel & car would provide more comfort & space.

NI vs SI - depends on your interests & budget. Since you live so close you can come back next year & stay longer. For only 8 days, I would suggest the NI where distances between towns are shorter. You could include Rotorua (2N), perhaps Napier for wineries (2N), Wellington (2N), Taupo (1N) & Waitomo Caves.

2. Re: 8 Days NZ visit in November 2nd week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:16