We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone traveling from Fox Glacier to Wanaka on 31st July?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone traveling from Fox Glacier to Wanaka on 31st July?

Hi,

Anyone is traveling from Franz Josef Glacier or Fox Glacier on 31st July? Looking for companions

Or had travelled through on 30th July, today. Could you let me know the road condition? Thanks in advance

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone traveling from Fox Glacier to Wanaka on 31st July?

are you driving?

Stop at one of the backpacker hostels in the morning and you might find someone happy to ride with you.

You can check road conditions on the Transit link you posted earlier.

Don't be alarmed by the drive. There was a huge slip 8 or 9 months ago and they are still working at stabilising the area, thus the road closes overnight for them to carry out the work.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone traveling from Fox Glacier to Wanaka on 31st July?

yes i am driving alone. road get boring sometime.. dangerous to drive while sleepy. so good to have a company after i came a long way though.

will drop by one of the hostel around 9-10am.

thanks for the advice on the road condition. just worried that i could not get pass.

3. Re: Anyone traveling from Fox Glacier to Wanaka on 31st July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16