We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

touring New Zealand in a RV

Gosford, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
touring New Zealand in a RV

Hi there, my hubby and I want to do a to New Zealand and have 19 days to do it in. Is this too rushed to see both islands? Would we be better to do only one island in the 3 week period? What temperatures can we expect in November?

Thank you

Pauline & Craig

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: touring New Zealand in a RV

You could manage both islands in 19 days - but you will need to be ruthless in eliminating places off your wish list.

Or yes, 19 days will allow you to cover much of the South Island or most of the North.

Temps can vary wildly depending on where you are in the country. If you prepare for late winter chills, early summer heat, spring rain and everything inbetween you won't be caught surprised.

Some Novs in Wanaka I still wore thermals - other Novs were shorts and tee weather. Here in sunny Nelson we can expect ample sunshine and a bit of rain.

There are a good number of 3 week itineraries posted here on the forum - why not take a read and see what appeals. Just remember an RV travels about 20% slower than a car so allow more time to drive if looking at an itinerary planned for a car.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 00:56
2. Re: touring New Zealand in a RV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 07:16