We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack?

Hello, I'm coming to New Zealand for the first time in 2 weeks and need some advice on what to pack. What is the weather like at the moment? At present I' m in jumpers, coats and scarves!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,367 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack?

Hang on a minute ER I will dig my crystal ball out of the cupboard.............ah yes, it will be fine, hot and dandy! It will be warm and balmy but not quite as sweltering hot as Langkawi and probably just a little cooler than Sydney- leave the coats and scarves behind! A bikini is a must and jandals! ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack?

My bikini days are long gone Zappers- I might just blow the dust off my flip-flops though.....;o)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,367 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack?

Coming here to pay off your Mum's speeding ticket or to sort the cop out who issued it are you?

Ilkley
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack?

Try to remember back to the glorious summer (was it 3 days or 4) that we had in May, then double the effect!!!!

Layers is the key in NZ - those trousers that unzip at the knee are a must, a few vest tops or light t-shirts, a couple of light shirts or blouses to wear over the top for first thing in the morning and at twilight, maybe a thin jumper, a light wind-cheater or Goretex to wear on the boat trips, walking boots/shoes and sandals, hats and sunglasses are a must. Don't forget the factor 30 (if Boots still have sun cream in stock), the sun is seriously strong over there and burns quickly!

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack?

Buy your sunblock here when you get to NZ. A survey was done last summer on different brands, and the only ones that were any good in NZ were either made in NZ or Australia. The UV rays are a lot stronger here!

Plus it's one less thing to pack! :-)

6. Re: What to pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 21:21