We'll be in the North Island for part of our honeymoon from April 22nd to 29th (landing at 6am and leaving close to midnight so we really will have eight full days).
Here is our current itinerary. Any comments? We will have a hire car for the whole time.
1) Russell, two nights. Drive there on the coast road and back on the main road. Staying at Arcadia Lodge. Mostly vegging, a bit of walking maybe.
2) Auckland, one night. Get there early afternoon, wander around for the day. Stay at a nice B&B (tba). Dinner at The French Cafe.
3) Bay of Plenty, two nights. Including particularly Rotorua and the White Island boat tour. Accommodation not yet planned.
4) Napier, two nights. Staying at Cobden Garden. Lunch or dinner at Mission; a few winery tours.
I do have some specific questions.
- Any recommendations for Auckland B&B? Peace and Plenty looks great but $300+ is a bit steep for us - around $200 would be ideal (sorry I know I have already posted this question but now I am trying to keep everything together).
- Any recommendations for somewhere in the Bay of Plenty area? Preferably fairly close to where the boat goes to the White Island. Happy with good B&B or a hotel or whatever.
- Anything we should definitely think about doing that I haven't specifically listed above?