We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some driving times

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
some driving times

Is any helpful person able to tell me the following driving distances please?

Kaiaua (near Miranda) to Karangahake Gorge.

K.Gorge to Mt.Maunganui.

Mt. M. to Reperoa (between Rotorua and Taupo)

Trying to work out if we can leave our B&B and get to our friends in Reperoa for early evening leaving us enough time for a worthwhile visit to the other two places en route.

Thanks.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,274 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some driving times

I always find www.aamaps.co.NZ to be reliable. Note that you can pull the line to change routes and you can add extra destinations.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some driving times

Thanks zhuhai,that was very helpful.

I hadn't used that particular site before.The ones I had been using only gave distances between main towns.

Now I can work out a plan for the day.

3. Re: some driving times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 July 2011, 13:35
Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: some driving times

So, it's looking good for what we have in mind.Leave the B&B after breakfast and head to the gorge for a walk of about an hour.Then off to climb the Mount and have some lunch and if we leave there by 4pm at the latest we'll be fine for getting to our friends in Reporoa.

This will be a few days before Christmas so hopefully places won't be too busy with holiday makers yet.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: some driving times

Plenty of time and a nice easy drive Val. Depending on how hot it is you might not make it up the Mount but a walk around the base is just as pleasant. the last 100 metres or so to the summit is hard going but the views are spectacular.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: some driving times

Will certainly give it a go! You have laid on some hot weather then I take it?

If you are around we could meet up for a drink???

7. Re: some driving times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 03:18