We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Head to Just North of Auckland

Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Place to Head to Just North of Auckland

I am coming to NZ with my mother in March next year for 10 nights. We arrive late Friday night and have booked accommadtion near the airport and will pick up our hire car Saturday morning. We will visit some friend for Saturday lunch in Glenfield then plan to head up to Bay of Islands for a few days. Am looking for somewhere to head to Saturday night just north of Auckland so we are ready to head north the next day- any suggestions? Looking for hotel type accommadation. Still working out how to split our time maybe 3-4 days in the BOI and then to the Coromandel, or even spending most of the time in the Northland. Thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to Head to Just North of Auckland

Hi

You could either head over to Takapuna or up to Orewa which is under half an hour up the motorway from Auckland.

With only 3or 4 days I would be inclined to focus on Northland

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to Head to Just North of Auckland

A lovely place to stay which is about 1.5 hours north of Auckland (and 1.5 hours south of the Bay of Islands) would be Mangawhai or Waipu area.

There is a lovely place called Bream Bay Lodge, near Waipu which I would highly recommend.

You could even get as far as Whangarei - we run a small B&B/boutique hotel just outside Whangarei, but there are lots of lovely accommodation options around the area.

3. Re: Place to Head to Just North of Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:17