We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place for a run/jog in Rotorua

Grand Rapids...
3 posts
Save Topic
Nice place for a run/jog in Rotorua

My wife and I are going to be in Rotorua for a few days in February and we are looking for a nice place to take a run or a jog. Is there anywhere that is truly one of a kind? I was told by someone that they ran through a park that had a lot of steam and she said it just seemed very prehistoric but I forgot where she said that was located. Any suggestions would be helpful as my wife is training for a marathon and does not want to take stop her training during our vacation.

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice place for a run/jog in Rotorua

You could run through Whakarewarewa Forest ( the Redwoods) as there are several different tracks available. The park mentioned would most likely be Kuirau Park. There is also a track around Rotorua that is broken up into sections. Have you looked at www.rotoruaNZ.com? When you arrive in Rotorua ask at your accommodation for brochures on the walks available and if they are not able to help, a visit to the I site will provide you with information. After a strenuous run a long soak at the Polynesian Pools is recommended.

Have fun in Rotorua and wishing your wife success in the marathon.

Grand Rapids...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place for a run/jog in Rotorua

Thank you so much as your response was very helpful!

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice place for a run/jog in Rotorua

There also seemed to be a sealed footpath for a large portion of the initial Rotorua to Taupo highway which is on the way to Waiomangu or Waiotopu thermal village ( I forget the exact name), I remember thinking at the time it would be good to cycle or run/walk on.

cheshire
Level Contributor
380 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice place for a run/jog in Rotorua

Whitmo

Have you tried looking at Mapmyrun.com? They have a section for finding runs and arrange them in length of run in km. They also do destinations around the world.

5. Re: Nice place for a run/jog in Rotorua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:20