We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raglan itinerary

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Raglan itinerary

Any advice for an overnight trip to Raglan for 4 college friends from Hamilton (Waikato Uni)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,878 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raglan itinerary

I'm not sure what your question is! Do you have a car or will you be taking a bus? Why are you going to Raglan - to surf, to fish or just look at the town?With a car you should visit Bridal Veil Falls - signposted detour at Te Uku. Without a car you will be limited to the harbour-side area.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raglan itinerary

Are you going to surf? We quite enjoyed watching the surfers at Manu Bay. Had a nice meal at Orca. We drove around Raglan Mtn as well -- a bit of unsealed road but the views were incredible. Loved Bridal Veil Falls (nice short hike there -- don't leave valuables in your car.) Otherwise ... I agree I am not quite sure of the question.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raglan itinerary

Thanks Konagirl and Zhuhai2007. They probably will have a car. Main questions are where to hike and eat; surf lessons-which company?; lodging recommendation (less expensive); attractions between Hamilton and Raglan.

California
Level Contributor
6,573 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raglan itinerary

Karioi Lodge is a bit outside of town, but had a great jungly, private, environment. I believe they also have connections to surfing lessons. http://www.karioilodge.co.nz/accom.htm

The trip to Bridal Veil Falls was a nice diversion, not too far outside of town.

5. Re: Raglan itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:17