We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock Climbing in New Zealand

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rock Climbing in New Zealand

Im going to New Zealand and want to go on a 2 or 3 day rock climbing excursion (I need to go on a led one with a guide as im on my own). I've only found one place that does this and its in the South Island (Wanaka Rock). Can anyone recommend other places that do rock climbing excursions, any in the North Island? Many thanks!

California
Level Contributor
6,947 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock Climbing in New Zealand

I don't know of any but you might want to contact Paul at Green Glow Adventures. He's a very nice guy with a wealth of info and runs day trips near Te Kuiti. I bet he would know who does longer excursions.

www.greenglow.co.nz

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock Climbing in New Zealand

Why not go to Wanaka? - the area offers some of the best rock climbing in the country.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
131 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock Climbing in New Zealand

This may help www.climb.co.nz/Adventure/Adventures.htm

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rock Climbing in New Zealand

I work for Aspiring Guides in Wanaka, so I do know that our company offers multi-day rock climbing trips & course. There's also loads of great guide books about climbing locations in NZ . If you're already sorted for a trip - that's great. If not feel free to get in contact and we'll see what we can do to help. climb@aspiringguides.com

5. Re: Rock Climbing in New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15