We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex car rental-auckland airport

Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Apex car rental-auckland airport

So we get into auckland at midnight so are thinking we will stay at the airport that night (probably the Novotel as I feel if we need to catch a shuttle we might as well travel further) so will collect our rental car the next day. Is apex car rentals a reputable company? Ok cars that aren't going to break down? How close from the international terminal are they? Do they collect you from your accommodation? Otherwise do you have any other suggestions on better companies? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,997 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

Apex are a thoroughly reputable company.

Their office is a few km from the airport. They provide a shuttle from the airport, and probably could arrange a pickup from a hotel near the airport. Send them an e-mail and ask.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
340 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

We have used apex out of Christhurch on a few occasions and they are fabulous with no hassles.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

I used Apex a couple of weeks ago from Auckland airport and as usual had no problems with either vehicle or service. Apex will provide a shuttle service to and from your airport hotel. Suggest that vehicle is picked up after nights sleep. There is point paying for the vehicle any longrt than you have to.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

The shuttle bus that will take you to the Apex depot is almost right outside the Novotel - other option is to get the 3 minute free shuttle bus to the Bella Vista Express Hotel when you 1st arrive - I always stay at the Bella Vista as it is slightly off airport and quite a bit cheaper than the Novotel. The Apex depot is then a 2 minute walk from the Bella Vista...

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

I intend to rent a car from Apex from north island to travel to south island in new Zealand from 1st to 13th Dec 2013 with 3 adults and 2 children. Are the ferry tickets confirmed available when I confirm my booking for the car?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

If you aren't booked on the ferry for December then you might as well forget it. The loss of the Aratere has meant that 45% of the capability to cross the Cook Strait has been lost and at this juncture restoration of normal service is not known. Suggest if you have prebooked your car with a requirement to cross the ditch you contact Apex and ask them.If you haven't booked a car yet enjoy the North Island

7. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 03:05
8. Re: Apex car rental-auckland airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:17