We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza Club room

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
196 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza Club room

Many thanks to anyone who is reading this and hopefully we will receive good tips. We hope to be in Auckland later in the year for 3 nights. I have looked at the reviews on this hotel and it looks good. My question is in relation to the club rooms, is it really worth upgrading to these rooms. The executive suite looks great with its two levels and we may use this as a treat. This Club room, for those that have used it, is it open just certain hours ? the happy hours ?, what does this consist of and if you just went to the club room even after the happy hour, what can you avail off. Is it good for breakfast or would it be better to pay an extra few dollars to get the main breakfast as some have suggested. I would be delighted with all comments and suggestions.

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza Club room

Hi Dave. I assume it's the Auckland Crowne Plaza you are referring too, which I have no experience of. We have however stayed at the Christchurch Crowne Plaza many times, and stay in the Club rooms, which gives us access to the Club Lounge.

We don't often get there for the happy hour, but it is available to all Priority Club members, and many times it is just a table with a good selection of booze, and you just help yourself. Other times, I guess when there is greater demand, there is a steward serving the drinks.

We usually avail ourselves of the continental breakfast, which is very good, and is self service, although there is usually a waiter on hand to seat you.

There is a good range of newspapers, a couple of computers for email etc (free), and a comfortable lounge away from the maddening crowd.

I think it good value, but if you prefer a cooked breakfast, and don't drink all that much, you may not get the value from it.

I have a feeling the club rooms are slightly better appointed than the standard rooms, although it's rather hard to judge, because you only ever see the room you are in at the time. All the rooms we have stayed in are first class. both standard, and the club rooms.

I guess if you feel like splurging this as as good a way as any.

2. Re: Crowne Plaza Club room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 22:17