We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lincoln green, west auckland accommodation ok?

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
lincoln green, west auckland accommodation ok?

hi there,

anyone from west auckland there? i need to visit some friends and rellies who live in various parts of west auckland so i thought it would be easier to stay in west rather than drive from city daily. looking at lincoln green...now i know this place had a 'not so good' reputation a few years back but apparently they have done an 8 million dollar renovation and some of the 'old clientele' have 'moved on'....has anyone stayed there, had a drink there, meal in the restaurant etc and can tell me if it would be ok for two nights? safe for two female travellers?

thanks heaps

j.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,843 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lincoln green, west auckland accommodation ok?

I havent satyed there for a couple of years now, but it was ok whenever I stayed there in the past.

If they have done a major renovation, then it could only be better.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lincoln green, west auckland accommodation ok?

Hi J

Had mixed reports on this place over the World Netball champs but they may have been too busy then.

Why don't you try one of the many bed and breakfasts in the area if you have a car. You get breakfast and they are always very safe. There are many in West Auckland, especially in the Waitakeres.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lincoln green, west auckland accommodation ok?

This is just down the road from my house! One of my mates was a labourer doing the renovation and says the new look is pretty good.

I've never eaten in the restaurant but I've been to the bar a few times, they often have live bands on there, but the drinks are just as expensive as everywhere else!

There is also a liquor store in the complex.

You will be perfectly safe, I wouldn't advise inviting anyone to hang out in your room though.

australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lincoln green, west auckland accommodation ok?

cool, thanks guys, i have gone ahead and booked as it is literally down the rd 5mins from a lot of friends and the new renovation looks like it would have improved the place a bit, fingers crossed!

5. Re: lincoln green, west auckland accommodation ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 01:19