We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campervan company recommendations?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Campervan company recommendations?

Hi, I've done a search on this forum and Wildnerness and Britz have come up a couple of times - can anyone recommend any other reliable campervan hire companies? Wilderness aren't open on a Sunday when we need to return the van unfortunately.

Thanks again!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,430 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campervan company recommendations?

Hi Breck

this may help tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255104-i125-k2192…

Christchurch
Level Contributor
652 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campervan company recommendations?

Hi Breck Newbie

First - welcome. Second - what time of year are you coming - winter in a campervan can be cold and damp. Third - which island are you doing or are you doing both and how long do you have.

There are lots of campervan companies for example Kea, Maui, Jucy, Budget, Kiwi, Brits and Spaceship just to mention a few. It all depends on how many there of you and how much you want to 'rough' it.

Sorry to ask so many questions but if we narrow down what you want we can give better information that will help.

cheers

Kiwi

Hamburg
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Campervan company recommendations?

Hi there,

check out www.bedmobils.com.

We rented one for 2 months. Excellent value, very friendly providers, free pick ups and fast correspondence. We had a great time.

Only suitable for up to 4 though. So if you need a bigger campervan we have seen kea, maui, britz around. Those are the big guys.

We made the desicion to choose a more personal one and looking back have definiely made the right choice.

Good luck with your choice and a great time.

Hamburg
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Campervan company recommendations?

Hi there,

check out www.bedmobils.com.

We rented one for 2 months. Excellent value, very friendly providers, free pick ups and fast correspondence. We had a great time.

Only suitable for up to 4 though. So if you need a bigger campervan we have seen kea, maui, britz around. Those are the big guys.

We made the desicion to choose a more personal one and looking back have definiely made the right choice.

Good luck with your choice and a great time.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Campervan company recommendations?

Hi Breck,

I suggest while you are looking at motor home companies you also check out Adventure Rentals, they have depots in Auckland & Christchurch.

I use them each November and get great service as well as a good price. I suggest you contact the Auckland office when checking rental costs and ask what the best deal they can do is, then check it against other companies, you could be surprised. Don't just check rates via the online request, give them a call!

Their newer 4/5 berth Fiats are hard to beat, solar panel, TV/DVD etc and easy to drive.

Which ever way you decide to go I'm sure you will have a great trip.

6. Re: Campervan company recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central