We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights from the UK

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
566 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
flights from the UK

anyone know who operates the cheapest flights from the UK? NOt bothered which airport. Thanks

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,988 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights from the UK

Hi :)

this thread may be of help tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255106-i404-k2222…

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights from the UK

Go to all the airlines and register on line for their specials. At the moment AirNZ has very cheap fares to USA but not to UK. Last year most of our guests from UK flew either Singapore or Emirates for good deals. Bookings this year are all flying qantas, so it is really the luck of the draw.

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights from the UK

Personaly, id be a bit wary of looking for the 'cheapest flights' after the Zoom fiasco. All you want is some bucket airline to go belly-up whilst your on the other side of the globe - and youre stuffed!

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights from the UK

I wouldn't necessarily opt for the 'Cheapest' either, you may have to suffer the consequences of doing that!

Your flight price also depends on a number of things......

How far in advance you book (the longer you wait the more expensive it gets)

What time of year you want to fly

Which route you choose to fly (Inc any stopovers)

Which airport you choose to fly from in the UK (London is the cheapest)

We flew Singapore which I would imagine is on par with Air NZ but you might also look at Emirates or Cathy Pacific

TravelBag.co.uk offer some really good prices and stop over options

Jewels

Christchurch
Level Contributor
652 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights from the UK

Hi

I agree with the postings above - what you really want is what airline are you going to get the best deal from - not necessarily the cheapest flight.

Remember it is a long way between the UK and NZ. I have done the trip several times and now swear that I will not do it all the way through. I usually go via USA (not sure why but generally that is the way it works out). After the first 12 hrs on the plane you just want to get off, have a good shower to feel human again and stretch out for 8-9 hours sleep. Plus get a good meal and eat is somewhere where you are not imitating a sardine.

While I will never be able to afford anything but cattle class (aka economy) it is well worth spending the extra money for security of mind with a reasonable airline and planning a stop over there and back

cheers

Kiwi

Mentioned in this post
Kiwi International Hotel
Kiwi International Hotel
747 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
566 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights from the UK

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Its for my mum who wants to do a 3 day stop over both there and on the way back. I had not considred USA. Thanks

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights from the UK

If you are planning to stop going and coming back then ask about Round the World ticket prices......they are cheaper!

We were offered the option of round the world but at the time the USA really didn't appeal but they did tell me that a RtW is a much cheaper option! So ask the question....HOW MUCH?

Jewels

central scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flights from the UK

We have twice used Emirates and will be using them again in January. We found their prices competitive and the flights comfortable, plus their entertainment system is fantastic and helps the time to pass quickly. For us, coming from Scotland, flying from Glasgow meant only one stop between UK and Australia, then on to NZ. Emirates now also go from Newcastle which is not that far from your area.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
UK
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flights from the UK

Last January we used Thai International from the UK to Auckland, booked through Austravel. Thai fly via Bangkok (sp) and their economy legroom, important on such a long flight, is reckoned to be one of the best.

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
10. Re: flights from the UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 11:23