We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ascott Metropolis

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Ascott Metropolis

Does anyone on this site know anything about the Ascott Metropolis. I have been looking at some photos on Wotif, however, in the past I've found that the photos of some properties don't live up to expectations in reality.

I'm looking at an apartment at the Ascott Metropolis for a two week stay early next year.

Any advice, either positive or otherwise would be appreciated.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ascott Metropolis

the Ascott has recently been taken over on a temporary management contract by Millennium Hotels. I have had issues at this property for previous clients as a good number of the apartments are privatly owned.

It is a nice property in an excellent location, properties from feedback I've received that you should consider are the Quay West and Citylife.

I have avoided Ascott for some time now due to difficulties with the management.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
507 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ascott Metropolis

While I'm not entirely sure with the management, but I've been inside a few times. The lobby is fantastic but everything else is a let down. Very small and cramped. Though location is fantastic, right in the posh fashion precinct of High Street.

But for better rooms, best go with City Life. :-) It's also on Queen Street, in the centre of everything too.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ascott Metropolis

Thanks to both of you for your quick and succinct replies. That is the great thing about these forums - you get honest, unbiasaed answers.

OK, the Ascott Metropolis is now off my "for consideration" list, and I will now look at Quay West and Citylife.

Once again many thanks.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ascott Metropolis

I have heard that it is not a hotel as such anymore but just a residential building with serviced apartments. I have been told that the main reception area has also changed. Maybe someone can verify this. I woudl not dismiss Ascott Metropolis as rooms vary in size, as do the views. Quay west is also a good building but can be noisy and if you book, ensure a harbour view. City life is ok, but i prefere Quay West or the Ascott. I have lived in both buildings as well as staying there as a hotel guest.

5. Re: Ascott Metropolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:17