We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port to Hotel Auckland

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Port to Hotel Auckland

We will be arriving on Holland American Volendam Cruise ship and will be staying at the Rendezvous Hotel in Auckland. Are we close enough to the hotel to walk from the Port? Is this a convenient location to see Auckland?

Thank you for your assistance. Have never been to Auckland and looking forward to visiting your city. If you have any advise on "must see" sights, it would be greatly appreciated. We will only be in Auckland 2 days.

Thank you, Margie

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port to Hotel Auckland

The Rendezvous Hotel is about 1 kilometre from the Port but it is all uphill. I would suggest that you get a taxi unless you have very little luggage. Have a look at:

With 2 days in Auckland I suggest that you first hop on and off the Explorer Bus. This is a good way to get an overview of Auckland. Have a look at:

www.explorerbus.co.nz

If you would like to experience Maori Culture then I suggest that you visit the Auckland Museum where daily there is an excellent Maori concert/cultural performance (4 performance each day in summer months). Have a look at:

www.aucklandmuseum.com

New Zealand is not a destination that you come to for our cities and the best of Auckland is to be found in the surrounding areas.

In particular I would recommend a trip out to the Waitakere Ranges an area of exceptional natural beauty close to Auckland where you will find black sand beaches, regenerating forest, waterfalls, walks and fine views. Have a look at:

www.bushandbeach.co.nz

or

www.coast2coastnz.com

Enjoy your visit.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port to Hotel Auckland

Thank you for your reply. I did check into the Hop on Hop Off bus and the museum. I am so glad you mentioned both. Those will be definites. Also, the taxi to the hotel, it might be too long a walk since I will be travelling with more luggage than normal.

I am going to check out the website for the beach with the black sand. Sounds lovely. Had no idea. Thank you so much for your input. It is great to email with someone familiar with the Auckland area. Maybe someday I can assist you also....I hope.

Margie

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port to Hotel Auckland

Hi Margie

The Rendezvous is very nearly 1 mile slightly uphill so a taxi is the best option.

Sky City for dinner and watch the sunset is just a great experience on a nice day and the Museum with the Maori Cultural group is a must.

Are you staying two nights or just one??

Coast to coast tours will collect you and your luggage from the cruise ship terminal and after their tour which includes their genuine sheep farm, the black sand beaches, a winery and Arataki they will return you to your hotel. Or you can do their tour on the day you are leaving if it is a late flight and they will drop you at the airport.

What a pity you do not have longer to visit our lovely city and its fabulous surrounds.

4. Re: Port to Hotel Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central
Recent Conversations