We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyards in Auckland or surronding

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vineyards in Auckland or surronding

Hi,

I am looking to take my girlfriend to a vineyard for one night as a birthday present, can anyone recommend a nice, but not too expensive vineyard?

I am from Auckland.

Many thanks

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,018 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vineyards in Auckland or surronding

Golfspeed how serious is this relationship. If it is pretty serious how about going up to the Ascension Vineyards at Matakana. If you choose a Saturday evening you could start the day with a visit to the famous Farmers market and a visit imnto Matakana itself. You could then have lunch or dinner at the Ascension Winery.

Becuase of the distance out of Auckland a long lunch may be a better option.

I have been to Ascension on a number of occassions and can recommend it.

Havent visited a local Auckland winery for a long time sorry.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vineyards in Auckland or surronding

Hi

In the Kumeu area the closest you will come to accommodation on a vineyard is

www.vineyard-cottages.co.nz beside Matua winery and Hunting Lodge Restaurant. There are lovely bed and breakfasts in the Kumeu area admist the vineyards and the numerous cafes and restaurants.

There may be somewhere in the Matakana area.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vineyards in Auckland or surronding

quick note. we just LOVED Matakana and were just there this morning. Had fabulous lunch at Heron's Flight vineyard and then gelato at Charlie's just down the road. be sure to visit Tawharanui, and we passed the Sandpiper Lodge and it looked spectacular. We liked this area better than the Bay of Islands where we spend four days. Also, visit Morris and James Country Pottery and Cafe. Great food there, too.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
705 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vineyards in Auckland or surronding

Heaps of vineyards on Waiheke Island. Take a fairy ride from downtown Auckland. Look up posts about Waiheke.

However Ascension Vineyard is very nice and the owners are delightful. I vote Ascension and they will inform you of accommodation close by.

5. Re: Vineyards in Auckland or surronding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 06:17