We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

Hunter Valley, NSW
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

Hi Everyone, I know this is a specific request, but here goes.....

We are staying at the Duxton Hotel Auckland (100 Greys Ave) for 2 nights and it is my sons 7th birthday on the second night.

I'm not throwing a big whiz bang party but i would like to get him a nice cake. Is there anywhere close by where i could buy him a cake?

Also is this area safe to walk around at night or should we get a taxi?

Thanks in advance, Linda.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

Hi

I always buy very yummy cakes at Eve's Pantry in Manukau Road which unfortunately is not close to Greys Avenue.

I have never used it but The City Cake Company looks very nice, has one good review and will deliver. However looks a bit pricey?

www.citycake.com

The concierge at the hotel will no doubt also be able to help.

Greys Avenue is really a commercial street i.e. it has office blocks and of course the Duxton rather than shops. It is just a short walk to Mayoral Drive and Queen Street. I don't think you need be too concerned about walking along these streets at night in Auckland.

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Hunter Valley, NSW
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

thanks for that, I'll look into both places.

Hunter Valley, NSW
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

WHoo!! City cakes is very exxy, they are lovely cakes, but a bit out of my price range.

There is an eves cakes in the city, i'll see if i can organise something by email.

Thankyou again, Linda.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

Hi Linda

Talk to the hotel, I am sure they will help you as you are a guest after all.

Kay

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,253 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

Hi Linda,

Ive long been a shopper at Eve's Pantry in the city - they are now located close to the Duxton on the corner of Elliot and Darby Streets. The shop will close around 5pm - normal trading hours -

http://www.eves-pantry.co.nz/.

If you're wanting to go outside your hotel at night, grab a cab is safest and quickest option.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't too late - there is a great supermarket near there on Victoria Street, but the Victoria St Markets, they have a shoppers bus, or you could walk from your hotel - maybe 15minutes? They are a posh supermarket in the city, so have great bakery section, and I am sure will have a good range of birthday cakes including ones suitable for a child. Good luck - and happy birthday to Master Seven.

Hunter Valley, NSW
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

Thankyou, that sounds perfect! I will check it out.

No, not too late, we still have 2 1/2 weeks to go until our trip - whee!!!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
225 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

I'm guessing you will want a cake that is decorated appropriately for a 7 yr old's birthday... I would ask the hotel to see what they can whip up for you! But as another poster recommended Eve's pantry in the city, you could try there as well. Perhaps check with them on day one and put one on order?

9. Re: Somewhere close to greys ave auckland to buy a birthday cake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central