We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer

Melbourne
Level Contributor
151 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer

Im headed to Auckland soon - travelling solo and need to get to the Hyatt - but not by cab as I have done this before and its upwards of $60.00 I believe.

If I take the Airbus should I go the main terminal and taxi from there or are the door to door shuttles that you can take on arrival?

Thanks in advance.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
507 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer

For the Airbus: the City inbound route's last drop off point would be your closest point to get to the Hyatt. This last drop off point is the Downtown Ferry terminal on Quay Street. There should be plenty of taxis, across the road just outside the Copthorne Hotel.

:)

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,140 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer

Hi guy,

There are taxis at the Airbus ferry-terminal stop waiting for business, so no need to cross Quay St to grab a cab to reach the Hyatt - Airbus return $20.00 -& one way %15.00. Frequent Airbus service in daytime - just hope you're not on the red-eye arriving late at night requiring a cab!!.

Cheers

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
267 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer

I'm arriving at AKL airport at midnight, and I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza. At that time, is there any other possibility to get to the hotel, other than a taxi? How long does it take, and how much will that cost, approximately?

I guess that taxi drivers are reliable, they have a taximeter and provide receipts. Can anybody confirm?

Thanks in advance.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer

Melbrouneguy, I believe there is a door to door shuttle service that may work for you.

http://www.supershuttle.co.nz

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
267 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer

Thanks for the tip, Lady GBD. They're asking me for $30 on a shared car. Is this price acceptable by NZ standards?

I'll be coming all the way from Barcelona, with just a short stopover in Singapore, so I guess I'll be looking forward to reaching my hotel. Do you know whether sharing a car means waiting a long time before the last passenger arrives?

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer

If you're arriving at midnight, you'll be hitting the airport during a slow period - there are just a handful of flights between midnight and 5:00, so shuttles will tend to grab what passengers they can off each flight and go.

Supershuttle is actually only $25, which is alright (the airport website says shuttles are $30-40) and they're pretty reliable - you can book online at http://www.supershuttle.co.nz.

Its not the wait at the airport that I find frustrating, but the zigzagging around to drop everyone off at the other end. But after midnight, this is still your best option (unless you're up for a drive and can get an Avis special).

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
267 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfer

I managed to change my flight ticket, and now I'm reaching Auckland on Sunday at 11:45 AM. I may still use the Supershuttle, as according to the Airbus map, there are no stops along Albert Street, where the Crowne Plaza is. Does anyone know how far from the hotel is the nearest stop?

Thanks.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer

Albert Street is a block north of Queen Street - the nearest Airbus stop will be opposite the McDonalds on Queen Street - the cross Street to take you up to the Crowne Plaza is Wellesley Street. So if you ask the driver to get off near Wellesley Street, you'll be shown the way.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
267 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfer

With your help and a map, it's been easy to find it. I guess it's about 300 metres away, so that should be alright even with 2 suitcases (i just hope it won't be pouring down!). Thanks a lot.

10. Re: Airport Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 06:23