We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in auckland

nyc
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
one day in auckland

hi- I have one day in auckland - I was wondering if anyone recommends a tour that I can see most of the city and it's enjoyable :) Or another recommendation?

Thanks!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
14,234 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in auckland

Hi sT,

If you dont require your luggage/not booked into accommodation in Auckland, leave your luggage at the Secure and Store shop at Auckland Interntional (ground floor near Air NZ check-ins) and take the Airbus into the city to its final destination at downtown ferry buildings - return trip costs $20/$25 (depends on specials available).

Get the Explorer bus which departs from the Viaduct Harbour area in downtwon Auckland city - tickets and enquiries at the I-Site information centre in the Maritime Museum building approx 300 metres from ferry building. Explorer is a cheap, convenient, continous service to all the sights - hop on/off at your leisure.

You'll need to allow time to return to airport - say an hour by Airbus - but depends on traffic. And allow a 2 hour window from checkin til you reach your particular departure-lounge airside.

If you wish to see the city from the harbour, catch the Devonport, or the Waiheke Is ferries from the ferry building - the Airbus stops right there!

Another neat little option is to cross Quay St from the ferry building and take the small FREE red-bus from the railway station in lower Queen St, continuously circuits the inner city - aimed at Skycity patrons! But you get a glimpse of our Queen city and can hop on/off - and reach Skytower from this service too - well worth a look at our wonderful view!

Cheers.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one day in auckland

Why not walk it and tour yourself?

nz.com/new-zealand/activities/auckland/auckl…

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day in auckland

Hi If you did not want to spend all of your time in Auckland City you could look at Bush and Beach or Coast to Coast tours.

It will depend on your arrival time and departure time.

If you have very limited time I would get the shuttle to the Downtown area, catch the ferry to Devonport for a coffee or lunch, return by ferry and visit the Sky Tower to get an overall view of Auckland City.

Kay

nyc
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day in auckland

Thank you! All of your messages were very helpful. I will definitely take the explorer bus and go to Devonport. You are very kind to respond.

5. Re: one day in auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2009, 05:40
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central
Recent Conversations