We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car drop off question

Escondido...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car drop off question

We are picking up a car at the airport and will be hitting the road.Our last night we will be staying in Auckland city.My husband has found out that there is no extra charge for picking up a car at the airport and dropping it off in Auckland.I'm a little leary of this.Would it be a big headache to drop it off in Auckland city? We have no hotel picked out yet.Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car drop off question

It will depend on which rental company you are using?

Escondido...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car drop off question

ahhh that would help answer my question!

Jucy car rental

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car drop off question

I suspect with Jucy that it is correct that there is no extra charge for pick up from airport and drop in city.

Jucy's depot in the city is around the corner of Beach Rd/ The Strand, which is slightly East of the main CBD heading towards Parnell.

So to answer your question, it is very easy to drop off in the city... you just need to choose a hotel either in Parnell, or in the CBD close to Beach Road.

2 very good and well priced apartment style hotels that would be close by, are the Quadrant & Oaks Residences. They would both be about a 5-10 minute easy walk from the car drop off.

So drop your luggage off quickly at the hotel reception before you dump your car, and then you don't have to walk with your luggage.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car drop off question

This depends where you are staying and do get it in writing from Juicy that there is no extra charge. But you will then have to pay to get to the airport????

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
410 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car drop off question

You can take the Airbus to the Airport. Also check Jucy's depot's closing time - Downtown depots tend to close around 4.30pm - 5.00pm

6. Re: Car drop off question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 05:17