We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive hotel in Auckland

Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive hotel in Auckland

40 year old single male looking for a clean, quiet, relatively inexpensive place to stay in Auckland Sept. 21st - 23rd.

I don't need or want a 5 star hotel, but I'm a little too old for the hostel / dorm / YMCA scene, too.

Just looking for a centrally located hotel to lay my head at night, preferably in the $40 to $80 U.S. dollar per night range.

Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated!

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive hotel in Auckland

Using hotelclub, and looking at hotels at around the $NZ100 mark, I'd say the best bet they offer for those dates is the Quadrant. Ah, no, down the list you can get into the Mercure Windsor for $65, which is an amazing price for a hotel at the bottom of Queen Street. I've had family stay there - no complaints, although nothing very special about it. Quadrant is nicer. An inbetween hotel, in terms of location, price and standard, is the Copthorne Anzac Avenue.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive hotel in Auckland

Check out www.wotif.com

Auckland hotels are usually busy and noisy but you will be here in the quieter part of the week.

Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive hotel in Auckland

Thanks for the reply & advice!

I ended up reserving a room at the Quadrant via hotelclub.com for about $65 U.S. dollars/night.

Was very pleased with the room--actually much nicer than I was expecting or needed!

4. Re: Looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive hotel in Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2010, 04:16